Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Herbs and Oil

So my friend Ira invited me and Robbie over for supper last night for spaghetti.  We decided we wanted to try to imitate Carrabbas herb and oil mixture for their bread.  I found a recipe online but I would change it and I thought I would share that with everyone :) 

We were going to make the bread but we didn't have the 3 hours it took to make it so we found some at the Ingles bakery and reheated it in the toaster oven and it was amazing.  They have lots to chose from.  

You can actually buy an herb mixture but it was around $7 but if you have the herbs already at your house then its cheaper to mix it up!  


Here is what you mix together:

it calls for a tablespoon of crushed red pepper but that was entirely way too much so I would advice:
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper  (maybe even less than that depending on what you prefer) 
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt 

and all you do is mix it, up good pour the desired amount into a plate and then put some extra virgin olive oil on top of it and dip away!  

I've included some pics, the mixture isn't the prettiest picture in the world :) and the bread was yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment