Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cheese cobbler

I've tried another pinterest recipe and I was very skeptical because the way it's made.   First off whoever posted it called for two quarts of strawberries... That's a bit excessive and only four oz of cream cheese?  Come on lol that stuff is amazing!  So this isn't my recipie I did get it from pinterest but I will share it here :) and tell you how I made it.  

What you need: 9x13 glass baking dish,  1/2 cup of butter
1 cup milk
1 egg beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 quart strawberries (that's two of the plastic containers at the grocery store)
8 oz neufchatel cheese

Melt the butter and pour it in the bottom of the pan

Mix milk, egg, flour, baking powder, and sugar together and pour on top of the butter but don't stir it.

Next after you cut up the strawberries lawyer them on top of that mixture

The original recipe called for 4oz of the Neufchafel cheese cubed on top of the strawberries well I used all 8oz and that's what I recommend and I wish I had spread it out instead of cubing it... That's what I suggest changing about it.  Or making smaller cubes so they go further because they don't really melt they stay in chunks.... 

After you have it together 45-50mins at 350 or until it's golden brown.   I left mine 50mins.

Pics below... If you've tried it or you do try it tell me what you think and if you would change anything! Serve with ice cream!!! I didn't do that but I should have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment