Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Diaper Cakes

So i'm the world's worst person to look at something and say....."well I could have done that myself".  Yep.  Most of the time if I say it I can, but that doesn't always mean I will.  I just can... haha!  I'm also probably the laziest person on the planet....no....really I am.

Well a few years ago a teacher at Smoky was having a baby girl and myself and some other amazing coworkers elected to throw her a school shower in the lunch room.  Well I hadn't really frequented baby showers so Jodie tells me a friend of her can make a diaper cake for us.... well at the time I needed clarification because I had no clue what she was talking about.... like literally a cake?  Nope.

Well later at the actual shower and I see this creation, yep... I could have done that myself!  However no discredit to the person who made it for us :) They did an amazing job and Megan loved it!

Now we fast forward to last year after finding out one of my closest friends was pregnant I threw her a shower.  Well this was my chance to "do it myself" and well I did.  After some googling of course haha I found a blog or two with how to's, ideas from pinterest, and then just shopped for anything that looked very Hailey :) This one is my favorite and the one I did the best job with!





Then in the meantime another friend of my family's also found out she was pregnant and my mom wanted me to make a diaper cake for her to take to the shower.  And so far, making them isn't really hard, but it's not easy either.



This last one was #3 and I made it for my sister to give to a friend of her's who is having twins!  However you cannot fit two of everything in existence on the diaper cake haha!




I just thought I would share these creations, as my creativity sometimes is overshadowed by my laziness... well more than just sometimes lol  However I do need to remember I have an actual camera I could be taking pictures with and not my cell phone haha.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think!!!  Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment